Less Hate More Debate
Less Hate More Debate is a 2-year project that involves adults in Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Lithuania, Greece, Romania and Spain countries in Europe. The project targets adults of age between 16-50 years old with low skills and following needs of Upskilling Pathway.
The main objectives of the project are:
- To help adults with low competencies and who need a certification to improve their skills in a foreign language (English) for better opportunities in the labour market.
- To help immigrants learn a foreign language through a blog, according with a Spanish experiences with lyrics.
- To help immigrants and foreign people learn the language of hosting country in a natural way.
We have planned 3 Activities:
- Teaching through ICT
- Teaching of English language through a blog, according to good practices already used (edrissis@edrissis)
- Teaching of Italian language to immigrants through ICT and with MIGRANS methodology.
We will use DEBATE methodology (wedebate.org) for a multicultural dialogue to promote citizenship skills, to create an inclusive setting and MIGRANS methodology for migrants with very low skills.
We plan 4 meetings, a training course on debate methodology, a blended mobility for learners.
IMPACT: we plan to improve migrants basic skills to get into the labour market, to promote integration of immigrants who will learn the Italian language, to improve the knowledge of English language and inclusive practices, thanks to the Debate that led to cooperation and
respect for each other.
We have plans for evaluation and dissemination.
This Project is sustainable not only because it can be a start up for future European projects but above all for curricula based on online learning and debating clubs.
We will plan to write a project of innovation that also includes MIGRANS methodology and we will spread the 2 methodologies in a wide part of the non-formal education centres.